2021 Mid-South Aquatic Plant Management Society Scholarship Opportunity
The MSAPMS is seeking applications for the 2021 student scholarship to be awarded at the 2021 annual joint meeting with the Aquatic Plant Management Society, July 11th
in New Orleans. We request that the successful applicant attend the meeting and give a presentation of academic progress and results as they are available. One scholarship of $2,500 will be awarded to a qualified student applicant enrolled and studying aquatic plant science or other relevant research.
To apply, The Scholarship Committee should receive the following information by: June 15th, 2021
- A cover letter which includes the applicant’s previous, current, and future relationship to the aquatic plant management industry, and a comment on the importance of the proposed research to aquatic plant management.
- Copies of unofficial or official transcripts of undergraduate and any graduate work completed to date (these transcripts may be those issued directly to the student by the institution);
- A letter from the student's major professor recommending the student for the scholarship, indicating that the student is currently enrolled and in good standing and has had their research proposal approved by their graduate advisory committee;
- A copy of the approved graduate research proposal; and
- One letter of recommendation, other than the major professor.
All submissions may be made with either hardcopy, addressed as below, or electronically via e-mail.
To enter an application or request more information, contact:
Dr Brett M. Hartis, Ph.D. | Lead Scientist
Duke Energy | Environmental Sciences
13339 Hagers Ferry Road | Huntersville, NC 28078 |
MidSouth Aquatic Plant Management Society ©